Thoughts of dating in the Big Apple conjure up visions of romance and star crossed lovers we know and love from our favorite movies. In fact, there are many places in Manhattan that are terrific for romantic dates. Whether it’s romance you are looking for or more just to have some fun on a date there are many places to go and things to do when you’re in Manhattan. For long time residents, Manhattan’s possibilities may be somewhat overlooked, but for visitors to the city that never sleeps, Manhattan is an oasis of possibilities. If visiting, or living in Manhattan, it only takes a quick look around to find options for any dating possibility.
Whether this is your first date, or your fiftieth date, having a plan makes the evening more enjoyable. Begin by finding Flowers NYC and presenting them to your date. Going to dinner at one of New York’s amazing restaurants is a great way to start the evening off right. From pizza to seafood you can find amazing dining experiences and cuisine options just right you.
There are so many fun things to do in Manhattan you’ll need more than one night out. Here are just a few first date appropriate ideas:
- Visit the Zoo at Central Park
- Attend an opening at a local Art Gallery or visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Take your date to a fun museum such as Madam Toussad’s Wax Museum or Ripley’s Believe It or Not.
- Take a tourist’s sightseeing trip through city.
For those all important second, third, and so on dates…
- Spend the entire day together at Coney Island.
- Visit Chelsea Pier.
- Take a trip on the ferry to Staten Island.
- Or the air tram to Roosevelt Island.
- Visit Time Square…of course if it’s close to New Year’s there nothing greater than being there to watch the ball drop.
- If it’s winter, goes ice skating at the outdoor skating rink.
- Visit the Botanical Gardens in the spring.
If you’re looking for a more romantic date try:
- Picnicking in Central Park.
- Walk over the Brooklyn Bridge hand in hand.
- Taking your date on a horse drawn carriage ride.
- Going to the top of the Empire State Building is always romantic.
- A show at the Rockefeller Center.
- If you have a car you can take a drive to the Hamptons.
For the perfect romantic night, end the date at a romantic place for two with dessert.
Whether just getting to know each other or spending your 50th anniversary together; Manhattan offers something for everyone…a place to enjoy, laugh and have fun…to a place to laugh, kiss and dance. Whether in the city for a day or for a lifetime, the excitement and romance of the city atmosphere will help to create memories that will last a lifetime.